The Transit Bus Foreman is responsible to ensure that qualified diesel technicians perform repairs correctly and efficiently and the maintenance department maintains a consistently high level of production at CDTA. This department operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week and consists of over 300 vehicles, 120 employees and 3 divisions.
Experience and Education Requirements
- 2-year degree in diesel mechanics and/or 5 or more years’ experience in gas, diesel and heavy equipment vehicles
- Prior supervisory experience
- A valid NYS CDL License
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Broad understanding of mechanical systems related to heavy duty transportation vehicles
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals
- Ability to read schematics and other mechanical and/or electrical diagrams
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms and other documentation or correspondence.
Top rate of $34.93 per hour
CDTA offers medical, dental and vision coverage along with a pension plan, life insurance coverage and paid time off.
*This is a Union environment in association with the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1321
At CDTA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CDTA believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.