Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) is now looking to fill the ITS Technician position. Working at CDTA, you will be a part of a team that provides essential services to the Capital Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ITS technician will be expected to perform a variety of technical work associated with the installation, removal, preventative maintenance, programming, troubleshooting, and repairing of bus radio communication systems, fare collection equipment, digital camera systems, announcements, destination signs, and automatic passenger counting systems onboard CDTA buses.
- Perform preventative maintenance and make repairs on all cameras, Mobil access router equipment, automotive passenger counting system, and electronic destination installed in revenue vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance and make repairs on all radio electronic equipment installed in revenue and non-revenue vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance and make repairs on cash vault equipment.
- Perform bench repairs on radio electronic components.
- Inspects the installation of electronic equipment to include Radio, destination signs, cameras, and passenger counting system, and supporting connection installed by vendors.
- Verifies reported defects and repairs using logical troubleshooting methods.
- Maintains computer records and completes all documentation required for completing non-warranty and warranty work on assigned vehicles.
- Ensure the security of all equipment, keys, and vehicles while on duty. Keep service vehicles in clean, safe operating condition.
- Provide excellent customer service to CDTA’S internal and external customers.
- Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- All other duties as assigned by foremen, Trainer, or management.
Experience and Education
- Must successfully pass ITS technician assessment test.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have the ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, wire list, schematics, and follow written or verbal instructions
- Working knowledge of bench top lab equipment multimeters, soldering irons, hand tools, and power equipment.
- Experienced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word) preferred
- Must be able to perform in a team environment with good interpersonal skills with commitment to the highest quality achievable and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated, dedicated, and detail oriented.
- Strong wiliness to learn.
- 3 years of driving with a Class D (Standard) driver's license
- Clean and valid driver's license (no excessive speed violations, DWI's, DUI's or DWAI's)
- Willing to get CDL-B permit (will also get license after starting)
- Must be willing to provide own tools based on job duties.
Up to an additional $3.20 per hour based on ASE Certifications.
CDTA offers medical, dental and vision coverage along with a pension plan, life insurance coverage and paid time off.
*This is a Union environment in association with the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1321
At CDTA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CDTA believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.