Since we have made our data publicly available many developers have used it to create some great mobile and web based applications. We have even used it to create our own applications so check them out here.
Welcome to the New Navigator App!
The new Navigator was released July 21st, 2023.
Here are some of the incredible enhancements awaiting you in the new app:
- FLEX Trip Booking: Discover the convenience of booking FLEX trips directly within the Navigator app. Learn more about this exciting feature and how it can simplify your travels!
- Enhanced Look and Feel: Experience a fresh and modern design that not only looks great but also enhances the usability of the app. Get ready for an intuitive and visually appealing interface.
- Improved Trip Planning: Plan your trips like a pro with the new and improved trip planning feature. Now, you can easily incorporate CDPHP cycle options and FLEX services into your travel plans, providing you with comprehensive and flexible routes.
- Live Bus Locations: Stay informed and never miss your bus again! With real-time bus location updates, you can track the exact whereabouts of your bus, ensuring you're always in the right place at the right time.
- Customizable Travel Preferences: Tailor your transit experience to suit your unique needs and preferences. The new app offers options to customize your travel settings, allowing you to personalize your journey like never before.
- In-App Customer Rewards and Promotions: Unlock exclusive rewards and take advantage of exciting promotions directly within the app. Enjoy special perks and savings as a loyal Navigator customer.
If your Navigator app does not update automatically, don't worry! You can manually download the update by clicking these links Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Or open up the app on your phone and simply search for the CDTA Navigator app and tap the "Update" button next to the app to enjoy all the new features and enhancements. Please be aware that the old app will be discontinued on September 7th. To ensure uninterrupted service, we kindly request that you update your Navigator app before this date.
Download the Navigator Mobile App available for iPhone and Android devices.
Provide Feedback about the Navigator Mobile App!
CDTA is constantly trying to improve the Navigator Mobile App, please fill out he following feedback form to have your ideas heard: Navigator App Feedback
These are the applications that we know about to find other transit applications available for CDTA or any other area you plan to travel to you can go to City-Go-Around (www.citygoaround.org) (developed by Front Seat).
Description: TransSee is a web application that provides real-time bus tracking and next vehicle predictions to a growing list of transit agencies.
Platforms: Apple and Android
Description: Public transit trip planning, scheules and live vehicle positisions for iOS and Android.
Description: Anystop Capital District Transportation Authority is an easy and fun way to access Capital District Transportation Authority transit schedules in Albany, New York on your Google Android device. With a couple of clicks on the touch-screen, find bus, rail or ferry routes near you, store your favorite stops, and view them on an interactive map. Not familiar with a city or town? Use Android's GPS to pin-point your location and find stops within a few minutes walk or bike ride.
511 New York
Description: 511NY is New York State's official traffic and travel info source. Whether you drive or take public transit.
Platforms: SMS (text messaging)
Description: A Dadnab user sends a text message with an origin, destination, and optional departure or arrival time. Dadnab replies with step-by-step transit directions.
Try it now (www.dadnab.com) Choose Tri-State NY/NJ/CT Area
Platforms: Web (optimized for mobile phones)
Description: Transitly is a lightweight web application that tell you when your next bus is.
Description: Get traffic, transit and trip planning info in real time.
Description: Walk Score calculates the walkability of an address based on the distance from your house to nearby amenities.
Google Maps (maps.google.com) : (developed by )
Platforms: Blackberry App, Palm WebOS App, iPhone App, Website (Desktop/Laptop), Other, Website (Mobile-Optimized), Android App
Description: Google Maps offers transit directions and transit maps for many cities around the world.